Missouri Auto Insurance Requirements
Every state requires different minimum insurance for vehicles on its roads. Senn Insurance Agency of O’Fallon, MO wants you to understand that if you just moved to the state, you will need to obtain auto insurance that fits the requirements of Missouri law.
The laws of the state require you to purchase three types of insurance: property, bodily injury, and uninsured motorist. You must purchase liability coverage for bodily injury in the amount of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. You also have to purchase a liability policy that covers property damage of at least $10,000. Some states do not require uninsured motorist coverage, but Missouri does. You only need uninsured motorist coverage for bodily injury.
While meeting the minimums keeps you legal, the problem is that accidents do happen, and you need a way to pay for the other kinds of accidents. That means carrying full coverage. Think about adding the following to your existing insurance coverage:
- Comprehensive: pays for the repairs to your vehicle when the auto gets damaged by fire, or severe weather, or another named peril.
- Collision: pays for the repairs to your vehicle when it gets damaged in an accident with an object or vehicle.
- Medical payments: pays your medical bills related to an accident.
- Rental car costs: pays for you to rent a car when you cannot use your vehicle due to damage.
- Emergency roadside assistance: covers your costs to get roadside assistance.
Let Senn Insurance Agency of O’Fallon, MO help you with your auto insurance needs. Contact us today to learn about our auto insurance options and potential discounts.