Click to Call
Senn Insurance Agency

124 Triad Center W,
O'Fallon, MO 63366

Get Directions
Senn Insurance Agency Blog

Will my homeowners’ insurance pay for the repair/rebuild of my she-shed?

Homeowners’ insurance creates peace of mind for many people. This type of insurance contains different types of coverage to cover a wide variety of situations that homeowners may face. Many homeowners would be unable to financially handle unexpected events, accidents, and damages to their homes or property. The Senn Insurance Agency team is dedicated to helping O’Fallon, MO homeowners understand the benefits of homeowners insurance.

What is homeowners insurance?

Homeowners insurance is designed to provide a wide variety of coverage for your home. It’s designed to provide liability coverage and coverage for your home and belongings. Your homeowner’s insurance covers your home’s exterior, interior, foundation, personal belongings, and any other structures on your property. Of course, your insurance has specific terms regarding what types of circumstances and incidents your policy covers. If your home, personal belongings, or structures become damaged, you can file a claim with your homeowner insurance for repair or replacement. Depending on your homeowners’ insurance terms, you may or may not need to pay a deductible. 

My she-shed burned to the ground. Will my homeowners’ insurance pay for the repair/rebuild?

Yes. Your homeowner’s insurance will pay for the repair or rebuild of your shed if the incident/damage is covered. The repair or replacement of your she-shed is covered by "other structures coverage." However, any personal belongings damaged in the fire are (covered) replaced or repaired by personal property coverage. Understanding homeowner’s insurance can be confusing. A licensed insurance agent can help you explore your homeowner’s insurance policy. If you have questions, call us. We’d happily answer your questions and help you explore your options.