Click to Call
Senn Insurance Agency

124 Triad Center W,
O'Fallon, MO 63366

Get Directions
Senn Insurance Agency Blog

Missouri Auto Insurance – What You Need To Know About Auto Insurance

Missouri is nationally known as the "Show Me State" and if you operate a motor vehicle in Missouri, you should be able to show your proof of insurance to a police officer upon request.  Missouri (as with practically all other states) requires you to have auto insurance when operating your motor vehicle.  What kinds of auto insurance are available?  This question will be answered below.  You can purchase auto insurance from Senn Insurance Agency in O’Fallon MO.

Auto Insurance Basics

Every auto insurance policy will have a minimum amount of coverage for collision and a minimum amount of coverage for liability.  Some states offer a PLPD (Personal Liability & Property Damage) “bare-bones” coverage that will satisfy legal requirements to be able to drive a car legally in that state.  In these states, this coverage will pay out to the other driver in case of an accident.  You would either have to depend on the other driver’s insurance to cover your damages or have a separate rider of personal damage on your policy.

Different Limits, Different Premiums

As a general rule, the more coverage you get in terms of higher limits, the more in premiums that you will have to pay each month.  If you have a personal nest egg of money saved up, perhaps you can raise the limits of your liability to other drivers in case of an accident and keep the bare minimum of personal coverage for your own damages.

Other Add Ons

You’re not locked into whatever the agency offers in terms of coverage as you can add more coverage limits to your policy at any time.  You can also add services such as roadside assistance which helps you in case of a breakdown on the side of the road.

Find Out More

You can find out more about auto insurance by contacting Senn Insurance Agency in O’Fallon, MO today!