Safe driving is a skill that all drivers should continually practice and perfect. New drivers, especially, need to be aware of the potential dangers of the road and know how to stay safe.
Here are a few tips from us at Senn Insurance Agency for new drivers to keep in mind when behind the wheel here in the O’Fallon, MO area, and everywhere:
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to what other cars do around you—especially when turning or changing lanes.
- Don’t speed or drive too fast for the conditions. Remember, even if you are within the posted speed limit, driving that quickly doesn’t mean it is safe—especially in bad weather or heavy traffic.
- Follow the rules of the road and always obey traffic signs and signals. This includes stopping at stop signs and red lights, signaling before turning or changing lanes, and yielding to pedestrians at crosswalks.
- Always wear a seatbelt and make sure all passengers are buckled up too! Seatbelts save lives and help protect drivers from serious injury in the event of an accident.
- Avoid distracted driving activities such as texting while driving or eating behind the wheel (or any other activities that take your eyes off the road). Focus on driving safely!
New drivers should focus on mastering these tips early on so they can stay safe on the roads for years to come! For more information, or if you are a new driver and need auto insurance, call us at Senn Insurance Agency today. We are proud to serve the O’Fallon, MO area and would be happy to help you find a policy that meets your needs and budget.